Friday, July 10, 2009

Aloha

Aloha, I’m back!!!  Did you miss me?  I know it’s been about 3 weeks since I last blogged but I just didn’t have the time to fit blogging into my life.  Life has been BUSY!!! I had 2 weeks of family visiting and then my anniversary (10 years!!) then the 4th of July and then I decided it was time to have a little break and relax from all the fun and excitement that had been going on.  Plus I was exhausted!!! I did miss crafting!!!  I would walk into my craft room, take a deep sigh, and think maybe after family is gone I will have some time for you my poor neglected stamps, ink and paper.  I did enjoy spending time with family since some of us are spread all over the place.  But it was so nice to sit at my desk and create again!!  I made these little creations for my stamp group at my sisters house.  We went over to hang out, bounce ideas off each other and just veg!  She actually is the one who came up with the idea of stamping on newspaper….and that led to stamping on pages of a book I had.  My sister, Sheila, is like my other half.  She gives great advice, listens to my problems and helps me figure out a way to solve them and is always there for love and support!  And to her I owe a ton of Thanks You’s!!!

For these cards I used this pretty color combo of….CTMH’s Hollyhock, Chocolate, Crème Brulee, Garden Green and Sweet Leaf.  The stamp sets I used were CTMH’s Surf’s Up, Extreme Happiness, and Treetops.  The pineapple card is 7 1/2 x 4.  I pierced my white squares then sponged the edges.  I used sweet leaf for the tops of the pineapple and crème brulee for the pineapple.  I also tied some natural cord around each square.  This cord is actually for jewelry so look in that section of the craft store for it.  I tied a button on for just a little more added detail.  I also stamped the big flower from Extreme Happiness on to the Hollyhock paper.  I really liked how this card turned out.   The Luau card is 5x4.  I used my score pal to add some detail to the side of the card.  I really like how the flower turned out too.  I think stamping on newspaper, book pages, music paper is really cool!  I also put the center of the flower up on foam dots and added glitter to the tip of the flower.  For this card I also used some paper from the Bella paper pack and then used my fiskars edge punch.  I think this is my favorite of all the cards.

I always like to do a little project at my stamp club so I made this coaster post it note holder/picture holder.  The coaster is 4x4 and then I just added paper and stamped my sentiment.  The cute little clip was bought at Michael’s (6 for a $1=BARGAIN!!!). 

Well thanks for checking out my blog!  I hope you have a great day!

xoxo,

Rebecca

1 comment:

Christina said...

Those cards are stinkin cute!!!!!