Sunday, June 7, 2009

Schools OUT!!!!

Can I get a Whoo Hoo!!! School's out for summer!!! Okay now I have Alice Cooper's song playing in my head...



Here are just a few things I made for the teachers. This little tin was one that I had gotten from Oriental Trading and just never used it. Since it was being neglected, I decided now would be a good time to use it! I used stamps from Snag 'Em, paper from Imaginisce "Teacher's Pet, Welcome to Room 10", and cardstock from Hobby Lobby in brown, red and olive green, ink is Momento, and the accessories are ribbon, buttons, hemp, glue dots, red lined tape, and a pencil. I filled the tin with chocolate nuggets and wrapped them with the paper. There was a little bit of room left in the tin so I had my 3 year old make a picture for her teacher and we rolled it up and tied it. I think this turned out very cute and my 3 year old was very excited to give it to her teacher!





Here are some autograph books I made for my kindergartner's class. They are just red cardstock from Hobby Lobby, brads and I used my nestabilities to cut out the computer generated sentiment. I did stamp the star (CTMH's "Shining Star") in Sunflower.





Here I used MFT's new stamp set, "Teacher, Teacher Label Set". I stamped the images in Momento ink. I colored the books and the ruler with my copics. I used Ranger's Adirondack Lights in Snow Cap for my sentiment to make it look like it was written in chalk. I paper pieced my border for the chalk board with paper from DCWV Grade School stack. The
rest of the dp is from the same paper stack. The solid cardstock is from Hobby Lobby. This gift card holder is really neat. When you open it the gift card seems to slide up into view for the recipient. I got the idea from Julie of Paper Pleasing Idea's....here is the blog I got it from...
http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/my_weblog/page/6/ She is a very creative lady, so go check out her blog.

Here is a close up ...


Another close up side view of the inside...




Thanks for looking. I hope these help inspire you!

1 comment: