Sunday, April 26, 2009

Framed Tulips

I love flowers, but tulips are one of my favorite flowers. Fresh cut tulips seem to brighten up any room or any mood. I'm hoping my paper tulips do the same thing. When I was browsing through my MFT stamps I found these tulips in the "Bundles of Bouquets" and just had to use them in this weeks Idol Judges Challenge. I painted my pencil holder barn red and then got coordinating cardstock and wrapped around it. I used my Fiskars border punch on the yellow gold cardstock. I masked my flowers and colored with my copics. I added a little shimmerz to the leaves and the flower. I then wrapped it around my pencil box. Then I had some spare flowers, so I used my cuttlebug and nestabilities to make a frame for them. Hence the title Framed Tulips...hee hee. For the pencil holder I added the sentiment "from the heart" and made it look like the butterflies were carrying it away. The butterflies were stamped multiple times and then colored with copics. I used shimmerz on the top layer of the butterflies to give them a little sparkle. For my card I did the same thing I did with the pencil holder just used a larger size nestabilities. In both frames I used the clouds from MFT's "Hooga Booga" stamp set. I stamped them on vellum and ran them through the cuttle bug. Then just added a touch of shimmerz around the edges for that silver lining. For the sky I used light blue chalk to give it a little color. I think it turned out pretty well. This pencil holder will sit nicely on my desk and will brighten the day.

Here is a close up of the pencil holder...



A close up of the card... You can really see the details in the clouds in this picture and the butterflies.


Recipe: Stamps: MFT's "Hooga Booga", "Bundle of Bouquets", Ink: Copic markers, Memento tuxedo black, Shimmerz- Royal Red, Green Olive, Pixie Dust, Gold Glimmer, Paper: Cardstock from Hobby Lobby, Pattern Paper from Hobby Lobby, Vellum from Hobby Lobby, Misc: Ribbon, glue dots, pencil holder and a little TLC!

1 comment:

Cooking Cinderella: Aventures of a baking princess. said...

Super Cute! I really love the little butterflies!