Thursday, March 26, 2009

K-I-S-S-I-N-G...

I got caught kissing! Kissing my stamps that is. I love how you can take a solid stamp "kiss" it to a stamp that has a pattern and wam bam you have a new image. I used CTMH's "Cottage Floral" stamp set for this card. The flower was a solid image. Then I stamped them in Hollyhock, Goldrush, and Indian Corn Blue. I then took and stamped the inked stamp in to Martha Stewarts "Clear Patterns" Stamp set and CTMH's "Spot On Backgrounds". Then I stamped it on to white cardstock. I did do this process a few times to get the 'just right' look I was trying to achieve. I then cut out two flowers glued them together and then used my crop-o-dile to punch a hole in the center of the flowers and put big black brads in the center from Spare Parts. I also stamped Celebrate in Brilliance graphite black ink from CTMH's "Shining Star" stamp set, then sponged my edges. I used my Martha Stewart edge punch on white cardstock and then sponged those edges as well with Jim Holts, Distressing Ink. Then I started layering my card on red and light blue cardstock. I love this color combo! The pattern paper I used was from Best Occasions. I placed the flowers up on foam dots and that completed my card. This was actually a really easy card to make. The hardest part, which really wasn't hard was getting the right "kiss" from my stamps. Thanks for stopping by~




No comments: