Monday, March 30, 2009

Cocktails Anyone?

This is my entry for the MFTIJ03...

The theme was Girls Night Out! The only catch was you had to use one of the MFT's Who's That Girl sets. Well I used my Hanging With My Peeps set. Originally she is holding a little bird, but I thought since it's GNO, why not hold some purses. Someone always has to stay behind and hold the purses while your dancing right?
So for my card, I paper pieced her outfit, using decorative paper from Luxe's Cocktail Dress series...Amaretto Sour & Martini. Appropriate wouldn't you say so... I even paper pieced her shoes as well. Then I stamped and embossed my purses from my MFT "Monsters Ink" set, and placed a rhinestone on top. Colored with copics, arranged purses, layered my card and added ribbon.
For the purses I found this cute template...http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424164. I used both sides of the Martini paper to create these. I added a Velcro button to the inside and put a red button on the outside attached by a glue dot.
For the martini glasses, which I got at the dollar store ($2 total) I used Martha Stewart's glitter glue and added Martha Stewart chunky glitter around the edges. Then I used some left over paper (Martini) and made olives. Attached them to the toothpick and stuck them in the glass. I used my nestabilities to cut the circles for the glass charm. I stamped her shoes and colored with copics, cut out and glued to the charm. I had some silver stretchy cord so I used that to tie it on to the glass.
I think this little set came out really cute! I really like the glasses but I think they will just be for show. Don't want to swallow a bunch of glitter! TFL














2 comments:

Ann said...

Super cute! I love it all!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, I just happened across your blog through Split Coast and am glad that I did. You have some wonderful creations here. I will definately put your blog in my favs so that I can visit again. Thanx for the inspiration!! Have a sparkling day!
Pamela