Thursday, August 6, 2009

A is for Apple

DSC05232

It’s almost  time again to get ready for Back to School!!!  My kids are getting so excited!!!  They can’t wait to see who they get for their teachers.  I have mixed feelings, I’m ready for school to start yet… I’m not.  Either way it will be starting soon.  So I made this cute little set to get the year started off right!  I love this little apple basket!!  So you can understand the size better, it will hold one large apple.

I made the handle out of a 2 clothes hanger.   I took one metal one and used just the bottom straight part cutting it with wire cutters.  Then I took another hanger that has the cardboard tube and cut off a 3 inch piece with kitchen shears.  The shears seemed to do the best job.  Then it was all bending and maneuvering it in to some holes I punched on the side.  Make sure BEFORE you start bending, you put the cardboard tube on, or you will never get it on…don’t ask how I know…hee hee.

DSC05233

Here are the card I made to go along with my basket.  The apple is cut from my Cricut “Plantin Schoolbook” Cartridge.  I used CTMH’s Cranberry, Chocolate, Bamboo, Olive paper.  I also used the Silhouette paper pack.  I really am loving this apple!!!

DSC05234 DSC05236

 Here is the post it note and notepad holder I made.  I just got my notebook punch and I LOVE it!!!!  I used CTMH’s “Classmate Alphabet” set to make the writing tablet on the olive paper. 

DSC05237

Here is the inside…

DSC05238

Thanks for stopping by…have a wonderful day!!!

xoxo,

Rebecca

8 comments:

Nicki (CSS) said...

Absolutely fabulous - great take on the apple basket!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Love every inch of your projects! Adorable, definitely an A+! lol

Leslie said...

great project. I am so looking forward to school starting again. There is a TV commercial with a man skipping and sliding through Staples on a shopping cart, kicking up his heels and singing "it's the most wonderful time of the year". That's me!!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Wow Rebecca, this is amazing!!! I just wanted to welcome you as Guest Designer for CDS this month. Congratulations. With creations like this, I can see why. Wow!!

Neva said...

OMGosh Rebecca this is just awesome. I Love it. Great job on this template and on your homemade handle. So creative. That teacher is sure to love it.

Hope said...

Wow-this project is super cute!! Maybe you will be doing a tutorial on that super duper cute notepad?!? I love the whole set! :)

Dawn B. said...

This is incredible. I love this idea. What a neat notepad holder. Love it...TFS Can't wait to see your CDS creations..

Kelly said...

Wow! These are so fabulous!