Friday, July 31, 2009

Clear Dollar Stamps Guest Designer Challenge

It's that time again...Clear Dollar Stamps is having their end of the month guest designer challenge. For the August challenge they are doing a sketch. You could make whatever you wanted as long as you used the sketch.
For the challenge I decided to make a box. Now this is no ordinary box, this is a special box to hold a special gift for a soon to be here special little boy. We are anxiously awaiting his arrival! I used Clear Dollars "Charlie Baby" stamp set. I have to say Charlie is a favorite of mine! I stamped Baby Charlie on white cardstock using Brilliance graphite black ink. I also stamped Baby Charlie on some brown fabric using the same ink. After coloring Baby Charlie with my copic sketch markers I adhered the blanket that I cut from the fabric. Then it was off to get the cuttlebug to cut and emboss my circle. I sponged around the edges to give it a little rustic feel. I then added the blue button with a glue dot. I took strips of Adornit paper ("Old West Collection-just seemed fitting) and Sand from CTMH and did the faux ribbon technique and sewed it on the sewing machine. I then layered my cardstock (CTMH's Crystal Blue, White, and Sand). I added some brads to the corners, put my oval up on demnsionals, and added my faux ribbon. I stamped the word 'Baby' on the corner of the flap of the box. **Which by the way measures 7 x 3 1/4 x 3/4 inches.

I also stamped on a plain white onsie, colored and added the same fabric & button from the box.


Here is a close up of the box...

In this picture you can see the fabric a little more clearly...

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and visit!
Until next time,
xoxo,
Rebecca



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! Good luck in the contest!

Chef Mama Lori said...

Very cute! Love this one! I'm also in San Antonio. Hoping for more RAIN since we got only drops yesterday. Good excuse to stay in & stamp! LOL!

Christi said...

Very sweet card! I love your creativity and thinking outside the box to make a box and not just a card!
Good Luck!

Laurie Wilson said...

Way stinking cute! What a clever idea to make a box using the sketch, and how adorable for the matching onesie!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Very cool sketch card! You totally rocked the challenge!
:-)

peggysue said...

That's very cute! And congratulations on winning the guest designer spot, have a lot of fun with your new CDS goodies.