Friday, January 23, 2009

Coaster Calendar

Ever in a jam and need a quick gift? Well I was and here is what I came up with...
You need a package of coasters. These were from the Dollar Tree...can we say bargain! Or if you want you can "borrow" with the intent of never returning them from your local eatery. :o)
Then I used mod podge. I find this is easier and holds the paper on to the coaster better than double sided tape or tape runner.

Add paper. I also like to use my brayer to make sure I get all the air bubbles out and to make sure it is on good!
I trimed the edges of the coaster with my craft knife. Then I used my cuttlebug and dies and cut out my paper. I used nestabilities. Then before I stamped my image I used a white eraser and erased the stamp. I have never used this stamp and I find that if I do this first on brand new clear stamps, I get a very clean image when I stamp it.

Then I stamped. What is that orangish thing? It is a piece of foam paper. You know that foam craft paper in the kids section of the craft store (Hobby Lobby). I find that it helps me achieve a better image. They sell other items similiar to this but cost a lot more. This is just my ecomical solution.


I then sponge my edges.


I use my crop-o-dile to punch holes and add the clasps. I also put my blank months inside. Those were just printed on the computer (lines and months) and then cut pasted and punched out my months. I added some brads. Then I adhere the stamped image and ribbon to the coasters using red tacky tape (double sided tape) and tied a bow.

Here is the inside.

This was a fun quick project to make and I hope my friend likes it as much as I do!

No comments: